Are you getting bored eating the same breakfast everyday?
Some mornings, the thought of eating the same thing makes me cringe. I’m just not in the mood and need a change.
Last weekend was experimental kitchen at our place. There were moments of brilliance, and other creations you’d rather not know about.
Today, I’ll share a perfect weekend breakfast to break the boredom of eating for fat loss. Below is a great recipe that is not only low carb and high protein, but quick and healthy.
Simply amazing deliciousness.
Poached eggs over kale
Ingredients: (serves 2)
– 4 organic eggs
– 1 tsp light vinegar
– 4 cups water
– 1 cup thinly sliced spring onions
– 1 cloves garlic, chopped finely
– 4 cups finely chopped kale
– 5 tbs chicken broth
– 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
– sea salt
– black pepper to taste
1. Bring water and vinegar to a boil in a large enough pan to fit eggs.
2. In a separate 10-12 in frying pan heat 3 tsp broth. Sauté the onions in broth over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and continue to saute, stirring constantly for another minute.
4. Add the kale, 2 tbs broth, and lemon juice, and simmer with the lid on for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When done season with salt and pepper.
5. In the boiling water poach the eggs for about 5 minutes, or just until the white is set and the yolk has filmed over.
6. Remove from vinegar water with a slotted spoon and place on top of greens.
Vegetables at breakfast is not so common in the Western world. I too used to be a “cereal and milk” for breakfast kind of girl, so the thought of eating vegetables – let alone kale – was absolutely freakish. Eating protein and greens in the morning will keep your blood sugars stable and give you an energy boost for the rest of the day.
Don’t knock it till you try it lovely people.
Have an awesome weekend.